Francine is available for public presentations to groups, membership organizations and associations.
Francine captivates audiences with her interactive, informative and entertaining presentations. Participants are transported through time as they start writing their own life stories and begin the journey of turning their memories into history.
She can speak on subjects such as:
- The crucial importance of writing your life story & how to start
- How to work with a ghostwriter
- Get started writing a non-fiction book
She is a San Francisco native who started her journalism career in the late 1970s with America’s oldest daily, The Journal of Commerce. From 1985 to 1997 worked as a freelance business journalist in Hong Kong, contributing to US, UK, Australian and Asian English-language dailies and magazines, mostly on matters of finance, foreign trade and travel. During that time she wrote Welcome to China, a guidebook commissioned by the China National Tourism Administration. From 1998 to 2008 she worked as a business reporter for the Oakland Tribune.
In 1997, she returned to San Francisco where she still lives. She secured a commission to write the history of America’s oldest Italian restaurant, Fior d’Italia. The Fabulous Fior — over 100 Years in an Italian Kitchen sold well and is now out of print. A second edition, The Fabulous Fior — over 125 Years in an Italian Kitchen, with three new chapters is available on Kindle or Nook.
She has been writing clients’ biographies for years and conducts workshops that guide people on how to write their own, assisting them in uncovering the stories and inspirations that make their memoirs come to life. Francine is passionate about helping each person discover the writer within and also works with clients on other own non-fiction books and corporate histories.
I recently spoke at the Commonwealth Club on the subject, How to Turn Memories into History, the why’s and how’s of writing one’s life story or that of another person.
This talk briefly outlines three techniques for starting and continuing the writing of an autobiography or biography.
To participate in a four-part audio program with two bonus additions, Writing the Story within. CLICK HERE
With this program you get step-by-step guidance of how to start, continue and complete your life story.
- Mount Diablo Genealogical Society
- Book Passage, with the California Writers Club
- Commonwealth Club
- Rancho La Puerta
- Chinatown Rotary Club
- Rancho La Puerte, Tecate, Mexico
- The Metropolitan Club, San Francisco
- The Fisherman’s Wharf Rotary Club
- The University Club, San Francisco
- Unity San Francisco
- Railroad Book Depot, Pittsburg California
- UCSF Cancer Resource Center
- North Berkeley Senior Center
- Calvary Presbyterian Church
- California Genealogical Society
- St. Paul’s Senior Residence
- Christopher Columbus Club
- POINT (Pursuing Our Italian Names Together)
- Il Cenacolo (Men’s Italian Culture Club)
- The Italian Cemetery
- Cypress Lawn Cemetery
- Bay Area Travel Writers